frozen food question???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanS180

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i accidently left my frozen blood worms out in the kitchen last night to find them melted this morning :/ is it okay to freeze them again n feed them to my fish??

Frozen Food Question

So i accidently left my frozen blood worms out in the kitchen last night to find them melted this morning :/ is it okay to freeze them again n feed them to my fish??

Hello Dan...

I'd throw them away. You take a small loss. Better that, then losing your fish. Even though the food is sealed, refreezing could potentially expose your fish to disease like salmonella that results from eating contaminated food. Not worth the risk.

B

BBradbury said:
Hello Dan...

I'd throw them away. You take a small loss, better that, then losing your fish. Even though the food is sealed, refreezing could potentially expose your fish to disease like sal monella. Not worth the risk.

B

I was worried about that lol, brand new pack :( oh well, thanks for the tip tho!!!

I agree, once it thaws it's no good. I did the same thing once, forgot I bought them and left them in the bag. I tossed them rather than taking chances. I think it even says something about this on the packaging.

librarygirl said:
I agree, once it thaws it's no good. I did the same thing once, forgot I bought them and left them in the bag. I tossed them rather than taking chances. I think it even says something about this on the packaging.

Nah nothing on the package but ill take your word for it, id rather buy more than kill my BGK :)

Back
Top Bottom