"Frozen" theme tank build journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe try a bottle trap to catch the remaining cory. Leave it in over night or just sit and see if he goes in. No chasing with a net and no rescape

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks all! It's fun watching it come together even though it's soooooo opposite of my personal taste in fish tanks.

I like the sparkling gourami suggestion, if it was for me!! I think my nieces will enjoy a betta more though, they're just so big and flashy.

Tank is clear, seeded with a sponge from an already active Aquaclear 20, and now home to 5 corydoras habrosus!

It took me something like 30 minutes to catch those darn catfish from my (heavily) planted 29 gallon. Every time I move a fish out of my main tank I swear never again....ended up doing a minor rescape in my 29 gallon since I had move so much stuff.

5 corys because that's all I could catch. I feel sorry for the lone habrosus stuck in my 29 gallon and his pygmaus cohorts, but not too sorry after today.

View attachment 269584

View attachment 269585

And one hitchhiker that came over on my net....

View attachment 269586

Wow really nice! I like the cool winter color tones in the tank! But I don't fully feel the frozen theme :) if it were me I would prob get an Olaf or maybe put in some princess theme stuff But looks Rly cool so far. Hope you post pics when the fish are in

What sand did you use?

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Wow really nice! I like the cool winter color tones in the tank! But I don't fully feel the frozen theme :) if it were me I would prob get an Olaf or maybe put in some princess theme stuff But looks Rly cool so far. Hope you post pics when the fish are in

I do believe that they ordered some frozen theme stuff just waiting for it to be shipped

5 gallon planted(6 Pygmy Cories, 1 Betta,and 2 ADFs)
10 gallon ( 12 Pygmy Cories and pair of Kribensis )

Oh cool! Sorry I should have read the whole thing. Lol usualy I'm not so critical. I feel like my comment was too nitpicky. Sorry! Just if I was a young girl and had a frozen theme tank is for sure want some princess stuff loll

I have been very remiss in updating about this tank! I did finally purchase a betta, nice double tail young male from my LFS

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433876387.031794.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433876415.251623.jpg

And this is the car packed with my husband myself, my kids, and a 10 gallon aquarium worth of stuff. Really, only the fish stuff is in the photos! This folks, is why you don't move aquariums very often....I really wasn't prepared for the amount of work it would be!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433876447.937421.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433876510.286771.jpg

Delivery of the promised birthday present really went very smoothly. And what made it all worth it:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433876561.515840.jpg

Perhaps inevitably, the betta was named "Olaf"

This is probably one of the coolest non-planted tanks EVER! The betta being named Olaf was the cherry on top! Very cute build. :D

Thanks y'all! I was really happy with the end result, and my nieces were excited so that was the best!

Back
Top Bottom