Fry in unfiltered tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sabrinarichard

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi so my 10g that I used for my fry raising started leeking maybe a week or two ago.. Anywase since I have dug up a 1g.. I put in a bubbly rock and added water from my tank (0-0-5) and a plant.. I places it on my 40g (it's hot on the top because of my lighting system) I'm thinking of doing 50% water change everyday (maybe twice a day) from water from my cycled tank until Monday when we will re-seal my 10g and then until it's dry and cycled (shouldn't be long I keep tall my old filter stuff) water is a 26c, (like all my tanks usually) and they seem to be doing well.. They have been in there for about 15hours.. Would this be an okay temporary set up ? They're all goners if I put them in my main tank for sure and my 40g is treating for ich...
Thanks for your imput/solutions!!

Nobody ? They seem to be doing fine.. But I'm still not convinced.. I tried to out my aquaclear mini.. But it was way too strong a current..

They should be fine.

I'm raising fry in a bucket right now because they are too small for their growout tank still. They'll do fine with an airstone and daily water changes. Twice daily wouldn't be a bad idea since a 1 gal is so small.

As long as you don't use water from your 40g that's being treated to do the water changes then you should be fine. I would just add an airstone to the tank for circulation myself. That's one of the primary reasons I keep a few extra air pumps handy.

Haha! Sorry, I call air stones bubble rocks.. I tend to have my own dialect that only I understand! And I think I will do them 2x a day.. It takes a whole 1min30 lol! Thank you very much :)

Back
Top Bottom