fry lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I've counted 14 yellow guppy fry. I found more. I don't know how many and I don't know who had them. LOL. These are darker. Wednesday night by Swordtail gave birth to 70-80 fry. I can't count. There were 2 with no tails that passed. I watched 2 get sucked right out the side slits of the breeding box by another fish and he ate them right in front of me. I was frantic. Moved them right away. I have 1 that has no eyes and he's still ticking. Poor little fellow. The other ones are biting him sometimes. I assume he won't make it long unless he grows eyes, which I doubt would happen before something picked him off. The rest are healthy so far and swimming around.

Only now I have so many fry I don't know what to do. I still have 7 little black/blue guppies, the juvie lyretail dalmation mollies (most of which I already brought to the LFS along with some black ones still about 6 in the tank), 3 red/yellow guppies, 14 yellow guppies, maybe 20 or so new guppies, 27 cobra guppies (the other half I believe may have been eaten when the tank went down, there may be a few stragglers), 1 baby swordtail from last time (he's still so small, smaller than my few week old guppies), and now 70-80 new swordtails. Oh, and the surprise of more black molly guppies - I've counted about 8. Seems I need another tank or to get them to the LFS as soon as they are big enough. This is craziness! :lol:

Fun to see everyone's little fry on here! I enjoy looking at your pics of them.

My fry.. hard to tell by the pictures just how much they have grown.. but move them from the one gallon tank to the 10 gallon tank about a week ago they have literally it doubled in size since being in the bigger take it's amazing how fast they have grown in only one week it seems last week they were so small I can barely catch them this week like I said they are double the size that they were last week now I'm going on a month old at this point they are only 3 weeks next weekend will be a month old and I'm already starting to see some black spots on the tales of my guppies

Only about 3 of the guppies actually have black spots I'm hoping to see some beautiful colors come out seeing as momma came from the store pregnant some of the bladder is look lighter than others still on one has gotten huge he is literally for three times the size he was in the one gallon tank still have one puppy smaller than the rest he must be the runt I'll probably keep him here's a picture

ForumRunner_20130622_163206.jpg

Well, I've counted 14 yellow guppy fry. I found more. I don't know how many and I don't know who had them. LOL. These are darker. Wednesday night by Swordtail gave birth to 70-80 fry. I can't count. There were 2 with no tails that passed. I watched 2 get sucked right out the side slits of the breeding box by another fish and he ate them right in front of me. I was frantic. Moved them right away. I have 1 that has no eyes and he's still ticking. Poor little fellow. The other ones are biting him sometimes. I assume he won't make it long unless he grows eyes, which I doubt would happen before something picked him off. The rest are healthy so far and swimming around.

Only now I have so many fry I don't know what to do. I still have 7 little black/blue guppies, the juvie lyretail dalmation mollies (most of which I already brought to the LFS along with some black ones still about 6 in the tank), 3 red/yellow guppies, 14 yellow guppies, maybe 20 or so new guppies, 27 cobra guppies (the other half I believe may have been eaten when the tank went down, there may be a few stragglers), 1 baby swordtail from last time (he's still so small, smaller than my few week old guppies), and now 70-80 new swordtails. Oh, and the surprise of more black molly guppies - I've counted about 8. Seems I need another tank or to get them to the LFS as soon as they are big enough. This is craziness! :lol:

Fun to see everyone's little fry on here! I enjoy looking at your pics of them.

Wow that is a lot of Friday if I were you I would not know what to do with them either I guess you will just have to keep them until they get big enough to bring to the LFS going to be interesting to see all those little ones grow up once you can get a picture you should definitely put the pictures that's why I made this to see that everyone is alive and well

My fry escaped their net!!! I rescued all I could find no telling how many got eaten and sucked up by the filter :( been gone all day

My fry escaped their net!!! I rescued all I could find no telling how many got eaten and sucked up by the filter :( been gone all day

Also. Sorry to hear about any losses. I will be transfering my fry into their 1 gal. Today in hopes that I won't lose any this time.

Here are my 9 fry after about an 1 and a half. We will see how the ghost shrimp do. Might just move them into the 10 gal. But so far everyone is happy. Shrimp keep eating off the bottom and fry are swimming around

Attachments

• image-57103406.jpg
    image-57103406.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image-46135047.jpg
    image-46135047.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 52
  • image-3400866357.jpg
    image-3400866357.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 58
yea all my fry are good now and i drained some water out so they cant jump very high and also have a glass lid now so they can try haha but they look good in the one gallon!! i am selling my 9 fry today and have 30 more on the way and my platy should be birthing this week

I had my first ever batch 2 days ago, have 13 in total! What do you guys feed them?

Attachments

• image-3930022042.jpg
    image-3930022042.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 58
  • image-3067540170.jpg
    image-3067540170.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 96
I do a mixture of crushed crisps to a powder and hakari baby brine shrimp. This gets them used to flakes and shrimp, and they grow like crazy!

Here's an updade on my fuelleborni cichlid fry at about 15-20 days old not sure exactly. But out of 11 I still have 10 so for my first time I think I'm doin pretty good.

DADDY :)

image-1299894604.jpg

MOMMY :)

image-514463637.jpg

BABIES :)

image-280465038.jpg

P.S - The mommy is pregnant again !

Attachments

• image-2712735975.jpg
    image-2712735975.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 62
Here's an updade on my fuelleborni cichlid fry at about 15-20 days old not sure exactly. But out of 11 I still have 10 so for my first time I think I'm doin pretty good.

Whoa!after that short amount of time they got so big!

I have 12 7 week old dalmation molly fry and 11 1 week old molly fry from a pure black and pure golden molly so can't wait for them to grow. Also have honey gourami fry at about a week old and they decided to breed again...

image-3297054042.jpg

The male has amazing colour so hope he transfers that to the babies!

image-716412754.jpg

These pictures have came up quite bad so apologies!

so... i am a first time parent to about 50 angelfish fry! they have been swimming for 2 days now, eating BBS (baby brine shrimp) and have had their first water change... i left about 10 with the parents and let the parents raise them 2 free swimming stage. the mother is a silver, young, and it was her first spawn with a male, the father is a much older veil tail smokey lace... both parents genetics are unknown but the mother also had marbles and a few zebras in the batch she was from as i know the breeders aunt. male is completely unrelated my phone is charging now so ill post a couple pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom