Fry question... Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooleo589

Aquarium Advice Regular
My molly had fry last night and i now have them in a smaller nursery tank. With my adult fish and babies in two different tanks i only have one heater. Should i be using it for the fry? And if i do will my adults be okay?

The tank isnt very big. Its only 3 gallons. Yes i know this is small but i didnt know the space mollies required when i got them and i only had a single betta in it before. I am planning to get a bigger tank though

Hmm...I was thinking of dividing the tank into two sections, but it's too small to do that. Although, if the fry tank has adequate lighting and is in a warm area, they should be fine.

The room they are being kept in is about 72 degrees. Should that be okay?

Or, if the adult tank has better lighting, it might be a better idea to move the heater. Guppies are fairly hardy fish.

Did you see the molly give birth? I have four pregnant guppies and I was wondering how to tell when it's about to happen.

I didnt. It happened while i was asleep, sorry. i have read that they mostly do it at night though

Back
Top Bottom