Fry question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BRACKISH

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 75 gal cichlid tank. My largest is around 4 1/2 to 5". I have a 30 gal grow out tank with juvenile peacocks. What size should I introduce the juveniles in to the main tank?

I would wait until they at least don't fit into the larger cichlids mouth. Maybe give it a shot at 1.5 to 2 inches. Still risky even at that size though.

I was planning on adding more broken pots at the same time. Would this make much of a big difference?

How many cichlids do you have in the 75g? What are they?

I will say at 2in at least. Big enough so they dont fit in their mouth. Before putting them in make sure they are well fed & as you are feeding them put the in.

I put in my yellow lab in when they were 1in. So far they are fine with the other guys in the aquarium. (130) 21+6 juvi. Two of the Juvi have now started their I am boss dance & even locked jaws for a sec. Right now I have another female holding in another aquarium that I took out.

Wait til they're big enough to not fit in the bigger cichlids mouth and add them to the tank when it's dark and add a few fish that way the aggression, if any, will not be directed towards one fish

I have a mixed tank of Juvi's, Adols, and Adults. A lot of people say "make sure they have hiding places" but I find it best to make sure they have escape routes. That being said, I would wait until they out grow the first tank, or are at least large enough not to fit in any mouths.

Added 4 of my juvi peacocks. All is well
epegazem.jpg
6atarenu.jpg
aja7ajet.jpg
gate8e9e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom