Fry safe with a guppy?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawk__

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have around 20 platy fry and my pregnant guppy is about to drop. Could I put the guppy into the nursery tank and the fry still be safe?

The platy fry is 7 days old! Please help! She could drop anytime now and I want to keep the guppy fry.

I have around 20 platy fry and my pregnant guppy is about to drop. Could I put the guppy into the nursery tank and the fry still be safe?

The platy fry is 7 days old! Please help! She could drop anytime now and I want to keep the guppy fry.

I would take the guppy out after she drops. Most livebearers are known for eating fry. Not all do but most do. If you want them to survive I would remove the guppy after she's given birth.

Yeah, that's what I plan on doing, but if there's already baby fry in the tank, is it safe to still put her in there ?

I would say that it is safe. Most females won't eat during labor and IME I have never had a Guppy consume her young now all of the Mollies I've had in the past would do it in a heartbeat.

Ok thanks ! Ill try it and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom