fry tank clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Feeding fry flakes twice daily. Lighting schedule is about nine to ten hours a day.

Most algae comes from to much nutrients in the water do you have fry? Also could try cutting your lighting back a couple hours and also a pic would help too what does the algae look like if you arent feeding fry you can slowly cut back your feeding to every other day or up to twice a week

Have Molly fry in the tank 3 at a month old and 2 at a week old. I will cut the light time down. The algae is brown and there is some green just starting on the filter housing. I'm going to get a phosates tea bag from lfs at the weekend but just wondered what else I could put I'm there to finish un eaten food and help keep the algae down a bit

What about snails? I would just worry about cutting your light back. Fry should have a good solid 10 hours of light a day. Honestly if you have left over food in the tank you are feeding them too much.

I'm not sure if there is a good snail out there that could help but just a suggestion.

Nerite snails are very effective diatom eaters. Also they don't reproduce in freshwater so you don't have to worry about being overrun.

Calypso77 said:
What about snails? I would just worry about cutting your light back. Fry should have a good solid 10 hours of light a day. Honestly if you have left over food in the tank you are feeding them too much.

I'm not sure if there is a good snail out there that could help but just a suggestion.

That is true i agree with that i didnt think about the fry needing light nerite snail would probably be good

Back
Top Bottom