FRY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1997

Aquarium Advice Freak
I put my prego guppy in the breeding trap this morning and came home to fry going to do a count. Pictures to come

How Long will it take them to get to a good size where I can put them in with the other fosh

When they are bigger then the other fishes mouths. About 1 1/2 months or so.

Yea they have to be bigger than the other fishes mouths. If you have an all guppy or livebearer tank then I would wait untill they start to have faded colors darken.

So you'd be able to put them in when they are smaller. Look in your tank and find the fish with the biggest mouth. Estamate how big it is and make our fry grow to twice that long.( so twice as long as the big guys mouth) then they should be safe

How long was your preggo guppy the breeder before she gave birth? How did you decide to put her in there? I honestly would like to use the box for my preggo guppies, but i can never decided when to put her in there & i don't want her to be in there for days.

On that note, i did my weekly PWC today and found 4 more fry for my fry tank! Yay, up to 9!

I put her in at 7 in the morning and came from school at 3 and found her with the fry

How did you judge when to put her in there? I'm still trying to figure this out, b/c apparently i have no idea b/c i keep finding random fry in my tank. :)

When she looks square.. Ask bubbles im no expert when it come to this. This is the first time ever I've had any kind of Livebearer fry.

So you think when she is really square it's safe to put her in a breeder box? I know there are a lot of mixed opinions, but i really want to see the birth! that's my main goal. :)

RaygunK said:
So you think when she is really square it's safe to put her in a breeder box? I know there are a lot of mixed opinions, but i really want to see the birth! that's my main goal. :)

I think it all depends on the guppy, I've only seen one of my guppies have fry, she doesn't seem to mind to be in the box but it seems to stress my other females out

Hmm.. Judging by the picture she doesn't look totally squared yet, I'm not a great judge on how much longer before she gives birth (still working on figuring that part out)

Back
Top Bottom