FS: 55 Gallon glass tank and cinder-block stand ~$100 in OC,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smooth

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon glass tank (48"x16"x17").

I built the stand out of cinder-blocks, cut ply, 2x4s, and styrofoam.

It has a nice glass top. If you live within 15 miles of Irvine, I will work out delivery for you for no extra charge.

I'm hoping to get $100 but I'm flexable since I realize people might not care about my home built stand. The materials for it were a little over $40, though, a few months ago at Home Depot. I can take some pictures of it once people express interest--it's actually pretty nice looking in terms of stability and the materials I used.

I can sweeten the deal with a 48" single 30 watt fixture (remote ballast) with actenic (approx 3 month old bulb).

Please email me at mbraun (at) uci (dot) edu.

Thanks.

I just want to re-iterate that I will entertain all serious offers. If you think I'm asking too much or you aren't interested in my home built stand, let me know and we can work from there. I think I could knock 20-30 bucks off and just sell the cinders off at a garage sale.

man, if i lived a little closer, i'd totally take you up on that! i'm getting so antsy while i wait to save up for my tank. ya know, the SF Bay Area is a great place to visit this time of year :wink: just playin' :mrgreen:

well, if I don't sell it by June and you still want it, let me know.

I'll be driving up to Oregon and leaving my truck in Sacramento. But that's as far as I think I'm able to go. With some gas money, I would consider making a detour though and sight see over by the bay.

wow! i really was just kidding :) thats probably around the time when i'll have all my other money-sucking obligations taken care of and starting tank shoppin'. so, if you haven't sold it yet, and do end up taking your trip, i have no problem at all kickin' down some gas $ for a quick detour on your part. :mrgreen:

When I say flexible, I mean like $70 for the tank, $30 for the stand, willing to sell either or both, willing to drop $20 bucks for the package, etc.

Come on people, you know you want it :) don't be timid. offer me some cash and let's get this tank moving...

will trade for something--like a canister filter (+cash from me)

Oh goodness, for some reason the forum didn't notify me of your responses.

Lompoc is a bit far. But I am driving north to Sac in about a month and a half. I'll try to sell it to MrCrabs first, even though Firefighter replied first. Sorry, but you are about 3 hours north.

Are both of you still interested?

I'm actually adding two Penguin 330's for $30 if you'd like.

I might still have it. someone bought it but is now not interested in picking it up now that the summer is over.

It's just the bare tank with a glass top.

the stand is just an open-legged stand.

Back
Top Bottom