Fun Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
5-6. Keep in mind your Goldie's will be small so much less bioload than adults. As everything grows keep an eye on bioload.

Caleb

On Google.
Other possible tank mates.
Rosy Barbs & zebras
I love rosy barbs. They said they were peaceful & would get along well with fancies.
How many for 30/50 gallon.

30 gallon is the right size for rosy barbs (it says 30 gallon or larger) so maybe 4-5?

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

HELP ME
I still want to have a fun tank, but maybe not AS fun. I've decided to make it a bit more natural looking. The décor is easy, but the gravel ? How do I achieve this new look with the neon gravel ? Is it possible ?
Eventually, I may even like to add live plants.
How can I give this tank a more natural look without spending a lot of money ?
Thanks.

Clarify

Psst, goldfish like to uproot live plant

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sorry. My mistake. I didn't make things clear.

I'm not going with goldfish anymore.

I am going to have a 30 gallon tropical community tank.

One of my most difficult problems is how to change this " fun tank" into something more natural. The décor is no problem @ all. It is the neon multi-coloured gravel.

How to make that look natural in a planted tank ?

That will be the challenge.

Add driftwoods, i like the style of "Jungle" more than natural like this (example) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437660567.998574.jpg

You don't think neon multi-coloured gravel will be a problem in making it look natural ?
The driftwood & plants I can do.
I do like the jungle effect.
Thanks.

Watch some of the green machines Aqua scape videos on YouTube. I've learned a lot from them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You can get a bag of pool filter sand or play sand it's cheap and looks good I personally like pool filter sand as its a lot lighter colored. It's also a lot easier to clean then gravel

You don't think neon multi-coloured gravel will be a problem in making it look natural ?
The driftwood & plants I can do.
I do like the jungle effect.
Thanks.

What colour is the neon colour

On Top

You can get a bag of pool filter sand or play sand it's cheap and looks good I personally like pool filter sand as its a lot lighter colored. It's also a lot easier to clean then gravel

Could I just put it on top of my neon gravel ?

Definitely

Watch some of the green machines Aqua scape videos on YouTube. I've learned a lot from them

I will definitely take a look @ that.
Thanks.
Maybe I'll find a solution to my gravel problem.

Back
Top Bottom