Funny/ weird things our fish do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a fish but i found it funny. I just watched a Ramshorn snail slide off the end of a leaf and float gracefully downwards for about 10 seconds barely dropping in level before finding another plant leaf. I didn't know snails could do that.

I used to have an orange crayfish that would climb up to the top of the fake plants and then try to jump onto fish swimming below him. Best picture I got is below, he tried to jump onto the Nicaraguan (see his reflection below the crayfish's reflection), but he got stuck on a piece of the plant. A few times, he did manage to land on a them, but the fish would dart away and he'd just float down to the bottom like it was the cool thing to do.

86602-albums13529-picture64165.jpg

When I kept my apple snails and rabbits in the tank with my elephant nose fish he use to roll them over to the filter housing and pile them on top of each other when it was time to feed him, if they moved he would take them straight back talk about not wanting to share!

I had a dogfaced puffer that slept next to the teeth of my overflow box. (Marine fish)

My female gardneri killi had recently started rapidly biting my arm when I have it in the tank, kind of tickles!

My fish are smart enough to know wen I am about to feed them, but they are so dumb that they will repeatedly try to eat the same peace of poop. How can something be so smart but so dumb?

My fish are smart enough to know wen I am about to feed them, but they are so dumb that they will repeatedly try to eat the same peace of poop. How can something be so smart but so dumb?
Haha yes yes, watching them one by one have a nibble than spit it, everytime..

I've watched a female molly mow down a trio of rosy barbs to get at flakes. Like a small tank just crashing through them.

One of my neon tetras loves to go swim by the filter pole, and then turn himself horizontal and sit there. He does it all the time.

I saw a pond snail on the back of my bamboo shrimp. It didn't seem to mind until I turned the light on and it swam backwards and it fell off.

My boyfriends dwarf puffer likes to pretend he is dead when I walk by the tank... When anyone else goes by it he is swimming around vas being fish yet when I'm near he lays on the rocks at the bottom... So of course I freak out and apparently that is funny to him

Love the crayfish jumping on the fish!
One day I was mixing fish food about 5 ft from the tank & one of my Angels was just flat against the glass watching me. He knew exactly what I was doing.

Back
Top Bottom