Fussy eaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

labpig

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi

I have neon tetra, guppies and coral plattys, all of whom readily eat the flakes I feed them

The problem I have is feeding my betta and hexazone barbs
They didn't seem interested in the flakes. So I got pellets, but they are ignoring these too

All the other fish start darting around the tank when the food goes in, but the barbs and betta act like they don't even know it's there

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
(Betta and barbs must be eating something as I've had them a month and they are active and seem healthy. It's just that I watch while I'm feeding them and they definitely aren't feeding g when I'm watching)

Update-
I got some bloodworm and... The same problem!

I put some flakes in at one side of the tank, when all the fish went to that side of the tank I quickly dropped some bloodworm in at the opposite site where the betta was. He didn't make any attempt to go for it even though I dropped it right above him. The other fish raced across the tank and grabbed the bloodworm just before it hit the gravel

Why won't he make any attempt to swim towards the bloodworm or pellets?

Thanks!

Is there any time when they do look to be coming up to the front of the tank?

I've got some tetras that I almost suspect were fed in the morning as before I go to work they are tracking me across the tank.

In the afternoon when I do feed them, there is a lack of interest. I figure they will learn eventually and are not getting thin.

Yes, they come to the front when the rest are darting about the tank catching food. They just don't chase after the food themselves

I'm at the end of my tether with them!

Back
Top Bottom