Future 75 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeperOfFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well since I got my 29 Gallon Biocube I've fallen in love with SW tanks. So I'm planning on getting this used 75 Gallon Long tank that comes with lights, skimmer, sump, and everything you need basically. So I have been thinking of the stocking. I know I want a pair of B&W Clownfish and I seriously want a tang bad like a blue tang or a yellow tang the tank is really long so is this ok? And I would like lots of suggestions thanks:)

A 75 is one of those middle of the road tanks ..Great for so many fish,but not so great for so many fish...:confused:...confusing ,,i know..
Personally ,i have seen and heard of many people having a yellow tang in a 75 for many years..I wouldn't do it,but thats just me,and i'm not going to say its ok or not ok to do..I also would not put a regal in one either...Look at a nice dwarf angel for a centerpiece fish..
What do you mean by 75 long??What are the dims?

FTMMWS said:
A 75 is one of those middle of the road tanks ..Great for so many fish,but not so great for so many fish...:confused:...confusing ,,i know..
Personally ,i have seen and heard of many people having a yellow tang in a 75 for many years..I wouldn't do it,but thats just me,and i'm not going to say its ok or not ok to do..I also would not put a regal in one either...Look at a nice dwarf angel for a centerpiece fish..
What do you mean by 75 long??What are the dims?

Ya I've seen people having them to and I really would rather have a yellow tang. I already have a dwarf angel in my biocube (coral beauty) also what is a regal I don't think I mentioned that. And by long I mean the tank is long not tall it's longer than it is tall.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I know:)lol
:lol:yeah,i've always called them regals ,and i always call the atlantic blue tang,a blue tang..I have confused many people..
Looked up 75 longs..if it is 72x18x13 ,,a yellow tang will be fine in there,,but man that is shallow:ermm:

FTMMWS said:
:lol:yeah,i've always called them regals ,and i always call the atlantic blue tang,a blue tang..I have confused many people..
Looked up 75 longs..if it is 72x18x13 ,,a yellow tang will be fine in there,,but man that is shallow:ermm:

Hahahaha:) and hmm well this one isn't really shallow so I'll take a pic of it next time I'm at my LFS assuming it's still there. He has three but only one comes with everything.

A blue tang needs a 6 foot tank minimum. A yellow also belongs in the same. There are some tangs like koles that will be ok in a 75g. Check out www.liveaquaria.com for more detailed info.

Also I've never heard of a 6 foot 75g...are u sure its 72"?

carey said:
A blue tang needs a 6 foot tank minimum. A yellow also belongs in the same. There are some tangs like koles that will be ok in a 75g. Check out www.liveaquaria.com for more detailed info.

Ok I'll ask how long they are. And I really don't know. I just know they are long.

KeeperOfFish said:
Ok I'll ask how long they are. And I really don't know. I just know they are long.

Lol when first got my 55 I thought my god this thing is huge. Same thing when I got my 125. It always seems bigger at first . There are plenty of options other than tangs for a 75. Especially if you don't go corals. :)

carey said:
Lol when first got my 55 I thought my god this thing is huge. Same thing when I got my 125. It always seems bigger at first . There are plenty of options other than tangs for a 75. Especially if you don't go corals. :)

Haha I thought that with a 55 Gallon too. And ok my LFS has lots of amazing fish I just really wanted a tang.

KeeperOfFish said:
Haha I thought that with a 55 Gallon too. And ok my LFS has lots of amazing fish I just really wanted a tang.

The tang was the reason I upgraded to the 125g. I just had to have one. But I wasn't willing to risk the fishes life just to get one. Lol. To each their own I suppose. :)

My LFS has a Longnose Hawkfish and I love it he is super cute IMO and the same one has been there awhile at least I think. And he has a Longnose Butterflyfish which I love to so would those be ok for a 75?

carey said:
The tang was the reason I upgraded to the 125g. I just had to have one. But I wasn't willing to risk the fishes life just to get one. Lol. To each their own I suppose. :)

Ya I guess I'm not getting a tang I really dont wanna push the limits.

Same here,but they do make them
Glasscages.com - Online Order Form - 75 Long Glass Aquarium

I agree about almost all tangs in a 6 footer,but like i said,,i know of people who have 7-8 year old yellow tangs in 75's...still doesn't mean i would do it or tell anyone else to

Butterfly fish are often hard to keep and picky eaters, so do some research on the specific one before you buy.

TLTGF said:
Butterfly fish are often hard to keep and picky eaters, so do some research on the specific one before you buy.

K will do I want a Longnose Butterfly Fish know anything specific about them?

They don't seem very hard they are one of the easier butterfly fish apparently. Ok so my stock for the future 75 Gallon is...so far...
A pair of B&W Clownfish
1 Longnose Butterfly Fish

More suggestions please:D. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom