Fuzzy fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quari

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi!

The scales on one of my zebrafish is standing up (So it looks like a pine-cone). I have considered if it might be dropsy, but since my fish looks normal other than the scales standing out I'm thinking it might be something else? (The fish has no behavoral change, it's the same size as the others, no swollen bowel, no redness, eats food)

I have a 150 L tank with 7 Zebrafish (Danios), all the others look healthy. I cleaned the tank two days ago and did a 50% water change.
I have isolated the fish in a breeding box within the aquarium. The color on the tail of the sick fish is the same as the color of the healthy fish.

I hope someone has advice to give! :fish2::flowers:

Attachments

• IMG_20190313_202838.jpg
    IMG_20190313_202838.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20190313_203031.jpg
    IMG_20190313_203031.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 45
I’ve had it range in cause from old age to water chemistry from ferts overdose to bacterial infection. Usually no come-back unfortunately.

Sorry to hear that, thank you so much for your reply! I have bought a kit to test my water values today. The fish has taken a turn for the worse since yesterday, so I think I will put it down.

:fish1:

Back
Top Bottom