Fuzzy hair on my HG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soulstar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, I got this fuzzy hair growing all over my plants. What could be causing this?

Tank is 90x45x45cm (50 gallons)
4 x T5HO 144 watts total, 3WPG
Substrate - ADA Aquasoil
Pressurized CO2

Last water parameters
6.5 KH
6.5 GH
15 NO3
0.25 PO4
PH 7

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image-3145219412.jpg
    image-3145219412.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 87
Looks like you have hair/fuzz algae. How long are you running your lights? Also what ferts are you using?

Run lights 6 hours until algae is gone. Up your phosphate to 2 or 3ppm. And spot treat the algae with either Excel or any liquid carbon or Hydrogen Peroxide 3%. I prefer the peroxide treatment.

Turn off your filters, pull up in a syringe 1-3ml of peroxide for every 1 gallon of tank water, slowly squirt the algae, leave filters off 20 minutes. If you have a lot you may have to treat an area each day. You should start seeing the algae die within 24 hours.

But you will have to give out why your getting it and fix the problem or it will keep coming back. You might need to run lights for a shorter photoperiod as the general rule is the higher the light the shorter the photoperiod. You might want to up your CO2.

Maybe, I'm really not a shrimp person but if any would it would amano shrimp. The thing is the problem needs to be corrected so it doesn't grow.

Back
Top Bottom