Fuzzy Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kbkathri

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We are about 4 days into cycling our 75 gallon tank. I couldn't find any detergent-less ammonia at first so we used the shrimp , just plopped three of those suckers in the tank. Now I have read places that I should have stuck them in a pair of panyhose. I read too much on the internet, too much information, and not enough.

I have since found the ammonia, but haven't added any because we are getting ammonia with the shrimp, and tonight we will be adding 75 lbs. of "dead rock".

Anyway, should my shrimp be fuzzy? There is about 1/2 inch of white fuzziness covering my shrimp, is this a good thing?

yep. Its part of its decomposing stages.. you prolly coulda been fine with 1 shrimp in the tank instead of 3. Id leave it in their for another week and take them out then, just to make sure there's enough decomposition of the shrimp. If you want to take it out now your more than able to.

When i did mine i left my shrimp in the to long that it actually broke apart when i tried to get it out. Though i already had enough live bacteria in the tank to take out the decomposing no probs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom