fuzzy stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexistayla

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410569659.668633.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410569673.123865.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410569682.897864.jpg

so im doing a water change on my tank, and as im filing it with new water, i notice this white fuzz floating around.... i stopped for a minute to check out where its from, and its all over certain spots on my fake coral. any idea what it could be and how to fix it?

lexi ?

I get that too. I think it's because I pour the water in too quickly and stir up the substrate releasing debris and old food that never got thoroughly vacuumed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Has it died down by now or still there?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

its still there :/ its stuck on the fake coral. like its growing off of it. i dont know if u can really see it in the pictures.

lexi ?

I get that too. I think it's because I pour the water in too quickly and stir up the substrate releasing debris and old food that never got thoroughly vacuumed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

yeah i get the debris too. but this stuff was different. its fuzzy. and its growing on my fake coral

lexi ?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410602863.189100.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410602909.775688.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410602949.283083.jpg
heres some more pictures. the camera on my phone sucks its not really getting it clear enough. its hairy/fuzzy.

lexi ?

Maybe some weird algae? Try cleaning it off and see if it returns. Are they fish doing ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom