Gallons of ro water at the grocer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackBlasto

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my pipes froze and broke today. I need to fill my reservoir up with RO water and since I can't use my system until Monday I need to stock up at the store. How is RO water labeled at the store? I see distilled? I want whatever is as close to the RO water my RO/DI system makes as possible. Any help with what the label reads would be much appreciated. Thanks

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389222236.137831.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389222246.836410.jpg whooooo hooooo thank you. This should get me through Monday when the plumber gets my house working again

That should work fine, but if you want actual RO, look for the water dispensing machine. I toted gas cans to Publix for nearly a year before I broke down for our own unit.

Yeah, I'm looking for the machine but it seems like all ours here in morgantown wv at least have been replaced with these primo water machines :( and primo water actually has a whole lot of minerals in it

Yeah, I'm looking for the machine but it seems like all ours here in morgantown wv at least have been replaced with these primo water machines :( and primo water actually has a whole lot of minerals in it

Minerals aren't bad...you're SUPPOSED to remineralize RO water. To be honest, I did a 40% change without remineralizing once and my fish were fine.

Although is was more like two 20% changes back to back with no break in between.

Yes I understand the mineral necessity quite well. I add minerals in weighed fertilizers and mix batches weekly for my discus fish. So technically I'm adding minerals that I know are needed. That's why I want good RO to start with. Start low, add them in :)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389226894.333351.jpg this is a little of what I do with my RO water :) hopefully explains why I don't want mineral water which I am then adding even more minerals to

Back
Top Bottom