Gap between tank and stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a search on Lowes.com's mobile site for styrofoam sheet and found several listings for expanded polystyrene, single sheet for between $12-20. Not sure if that material will work but I don't see why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I checked out Home Depot and Lowes and Lowes was the only one that had the right kind of insulation sheets but they were $45 for a pack of 6 or 8. That's pretty expensive when I only need one sheet. Need to look at something else I guess.

I did a search on Lowes.com's mobile site for styrofoam sheet and found several listings for expanded polystyrene, single sheet for between $12-20. Not sure if that material will work but I don't see why not.

For some reason, the websites don;t seem to show what I buy. ( Stupid internet!!!!) You are not seeing what I buy. I pay about $8.00-$10.00 for the 6 pack and Lowe's is the more expensive of the 2 here by me. You need to go to the store and ask. I just got my label. It says: Poly Panel, EPS Insulation 6 pieces 3/4" x 14 1/2" x 48" made by Cellofoam
Try looking up this at home depot: CelloFoam Model # 150705 Internet # 205517302 Store SKU # 420777
3/4 in. x 14-1/2 in. x 48 in. R-3 Polystyrene Insulating Panel (6-Pack)

Hope this helps (y)

For some reason, the websites don;t seem to show what I buy. ( Stupid internet!!!!) You are not seeing what I buy. I pay about $8.00-$10.00 for the 6 pack and Lowe's is the more expensive of the 2 here by me. You need to go to the store and ask. I just got my label. It says: Poly Panel, EPS Insulation 6 pieces 3/4" x 14 1/2" x 48" made by Cellofoam
Try looking up this at home depot: CelloFoam Model # 150705 Internet # 205517302 Store SKU # 420777
3/4 in. x 14-1/2 in. x 48 in. R-3 Polystyrene Insulating Panel (6-Pack)

Hope this helps (y)

Is that the thick green stuff in squares? I saw some that was close to an inch thick and aroundt a foot and a half square. I certainly didn't see anything that was 4 ft. long except the stuff that was $45.

EDIT: Okay, I see it online and it says the local store has it. But isn't 3/4" pretty thick for under a tank?

Is that the thick green stuff in squares? I saw some that was close to an inch thick and aroundt a foot and a half square. I certainly didn't see anything that was 4 ft. long except the stuff that was $45.

EDIT: Okay, I see it online and it says the local store has it. But isn't 3/4" pretty thick for under a tank?

In a word..... Nope!! ;):lol:

I'm using it now for my 10 gals that are on my porches, which are far from level. They have been up and running for over a year and 3 of the tanks ( I have 7 on the rack at the moment) are over 30 years old and still holding water. You'd be surprised how squished that styro can get under water weight and you'll be glad it was that thick when you see it ;)

(y)

In a word..... Nope!! ;):lol:

I'm using it now for my 10 gals that are on my porches, which are far from level. They have been up and running for over a year and 3 of the tanks ( I have 7 on the rack at the moment) are over 30 years old and still holding water. You'd be surprised how squished that styro can get under water weight and you'll be glad it was that thick when you see it ;)

(y)

Okeedokee then. I'll see if I can find some. My local store says they have it, even though I didn't see it out on the floor maybe it's up on a pallet or something. :)

Okeedokee then. I'll see if I can find some. My local store says they have it, even though I didn't see it out on the floor maybe it's up on a pallet or something. :)

I know that not all Home Depots are laid out the same but I get mine in the insulation dept. but you may also find it in the ceiling tile section. When all else fails, you just ask someone in Customer Service to tell you where it is. (Sometimes, the website will tell you exactly where it is, Aisle & Bay #, but in really really small lettering. :banghead:)

Good luck! (y)

I know that not all Home Depots are laid out the same but I get mine in the insulation dept. but you may also find it in the ceiling tile section. When all else fails, you just ask someone in Customer Service to tell you where it is. (Sometimes, the website will tell you exactly where it is, Aisle & Bay #, but in really really small lettering. :banghead:)

Good luck! (y)

Thanks! I'll run over there today and see if I can find it. :)

EDIT: Was able to find it at a different Home Depot. I'll be glad to finally be able to get this thing set up now. :)

Back
Top Bottom