Garden time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Little bit from yesterday
1c331b1c8908ccb62515e2d9204a3094.jpg

That is a beautiful container for a lovely subject.

Yesterday I loaded about 50 pics from my camera, but not all are up on here. I have a few garden pics of the veggies.

Weeded more in the garden today, my potted Strawberry Corn seed ( a few were started in the ground) is about 1-3 inches now. Have watermelon and decorative mixed Gourds and green onions seeds to plant tomorrow. Planted nasturtium jewel mix at the same time as the corn

Here is what I did get added to the album regarding the garden
60074-albums13946-picture71183.jpg

Already posted this guy in the wildlife but he's a cutie!
60074-albums13946-picture71184.jpg

Chive flowers and pansies are edibles...
Beautiful Purple cabbage growing pretty well though I saw some leaf damage today, will be keeping an eye out for the worms!
60074-albums13946-picture71186.jpg

60074-albums13946-picture71188.jpg

Thank you![emoji5]
I have a fondness for the old McCoy style cream ware.

You are as busy outside with your garden as you are inside with tanks, lol.

We are lucky to have these looonnnnggg days to do more work?!

Picked a colander full of cherries yesterday from a tree in my yard I grew from seed. These are sour cherries. Pitted them this morning and will cook them with sugar. I want something to put on crackers.
Was surprised to see so many cherries on the tree this year. Normally I am battling with the birds. However, we had a swarm of cicadas this year and the birds are so full from eating those that they have left the fruit alone. Win-win. IMG_2756.jpg

Little bit from yesterday
1c331b1c8908ccb62515e2d9204a3094.jpg
Nice to hear from you flchamp89, it finally turned nice in Indiana. Humid and 92 here today, yard is finally in order after monsoon spring, garden is up, pool is open and the crops are in (knee high by the 4th of July, that's the old saying).

View attachment 300136

Attachments

• 1496696680944.jpg
    1496696680944.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 1496696702387.jpg
    1496696702387.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Got some new pots yesterday. PURPLE my fav. It was 100+ but the Yucca Rostrata needed the big pot! IMG_0055.jpg

Very nice TMaier! Looks like a nice spot to relaxing the evening. [emoji481]

Black berries and lemon trees !!

Attachments

• 20170616_191521.jpg
    20170616_191521.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20170512_173610.jpg
    20170512_173610.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 27
Looks like a small lemon grove on the way there!! Meyers???

This remnds me I have a bumper crop of raspberries coming, they are still green but the Robins are bouncing in and out of the bushes just waiting for the moment they will ripen. And they eat A LOT!!!

Planted the Pumpkin mound and the Zucchini mound two more tomatoes, Yellow Pear, and repotted the Million tomato to a large pot and a Gypsy pepper plant. Need a new tomato cage. A couple more

Strawberry corn is about a foot tall. Seed planted Nasturtiums have numerous leaves and look good!

Hoping for a Cilantro and spicy pepper on my shopping today.

Pics soon.

My goodness that's a lot !!! We planted small this year and had a possum attack our sunflowers ! :(

That is wonderful. So many uses for lemons. The flowers smell lovely! Mexican limes are pretty awesome trees too! Love all the Citrus. Big Pink Grapefruit, slightly warmed from the sun, mmmmm!

Not too much, just have small amounts of a bunch of things! To amuse myself I guess mostly.

A few pics

Raspberries started as just a couple gifted twigs /sticks /plants, after a few years its so crazy, Thornless too :) The Birds love that part, being thornless.
When I walked up to get a pic the Robin fllew out of the bushes!

60074-albums14653-picture71249.jpg

60074-albums14653-picture71251.jpg

60074-albums14653-picture71250.jpg

Jack o Lantern Pumpkins ( the Zucs look the same lol)

60074-albums14653-picture71252.jpg

This isn't exactly plant related but it will be! Just finished the wc export system, now I can easily divert tank water to either the flower bed watering lines or a 50 gal rainbarrel for storage. I feel so eco-friendly right in about to go hug a prius

This isn't exactly plant related but it will be! Just finished the wc export system, now I can easily divert tank water to either the flower bed watering lines or a 50 gal rainbarrel for storage. I feel so eco-friendly right in about to go hug a prius

After water changes, I dump my tank water on some elephant ear plants outside the house. I'm still an old fashioned bucket water changer, so the only pain is dragging the bucket outside.

After water changes, I dump my tank water on some elephant ear plants outside the house. I'm still an old fashioned bucket water changer, so the only pain is dragging the bucket outside.
I have the healthiest flowers around... Fishwater!

ROFL...

My 72G is rigged to send the water outside to a Spruce tree and Japanese Forest Grass stand otherwise bucket water the flower beds and grass (soon will be using a small pump and tubing which goes outside).

A storage container /rainbarrel might be a good option. What about winter time, frozen??? :/

ROFL...

My 72G is rigged to send the water outside to a Spruce tree and Japanese Forest Grass stand otherwise bucket water the flower beds and grass (soon will be using a small pump and tubing which goes outside).

A storage container /rainbarrel might be a good option. What about winter time, frozen??? :/
I'll drain everything well before freezing, pvc lines will be cleared with compressed air. Water will unfortunately go down the drain. We only use a fee gallons a week for inside plants:(

Back
Top Bottom