GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys! Were pretty close!

Going to mix all the salt in tomorrow, then turn everything on :)

Hi much appreciated(y) following this thread is giving me the urge to go for a salty tank again:)
PS tell Nu Nu the eel that i cannot P/M him for some reason?:ermm:

stingrays4 said:
Hi much appreciated(y) following this thread is giving me the urge to go for a salty tank again:)

Full inbox lol

stingrays4 said:

Haha i told him, i think he will delete soon:)

Go salty! Its a thrill!

Oh btw guys, we turned on the powerheads (korolia 750's) and the flow was much less than i expected...any ideas?

Just play with the angles, you'd be surprised how moving one a little bit can make a difference. i also wouldnt sweat it until you get some rock in there, that will totally change the flow in the tank.

carey said:
Just play with the angles, you'd be surprised how moving one a little bit can make a difference. i also wouldnt sweat it until you get some rock in there, that will totally change the flow in the tank.

Oh i bet the rock really does change the flow.

We angled it differently then before
One pointed up to the surface, another at the glass downwards

Once you get the rock in you will have to readjust anyways so dont worry about it. :) You worry too much LOL

some of my tanks have both pointing at the front glass and each others flow, some have one going up and one way and another downwards and in a different direction. What you want without a doubt is very chaotic flow, no dead spots on the rocks, behind them and around them.

Gboy66 said:
Oh i bet the rock really does change the flow.

We angled it differently then before
One pointed up to the surface, another at the glass downwards

When you have sand in there it'll blow all over the place. The best way for the powerheads to be in is on the same side at the top of the tank pointing slightly downward so that it'll create a loop of flow

carey said:
Once you get the rock in you will have to readjust anyways so dont worry about it. :) You worry too much LOL

some of my tanks have both pointing at the front glass and each others flow, some have one going up and one way and another downwards and in a different direction. What you want without a doubt is very chaotic flow, no dead spots on the rocks, behind them and around them.

Lol agreed!

Ok, so its all preferance, and i guess ill find out about flow later!

Ibrahim said:
When you have sand in there it'll blow all over the place. The best way for the powerheads to be in is on the same side at the top of the tank pointing slightly downward so that it'll create a loop of flow

Really? I havent heard about this way. Ill try it once i get those dang rocks!

Gboy66 said:
How so? Has to get in a pattern?

Yea it hits the sides then the bottom then the side where the powerheads are. The powerheads pick up the flow then shoot it out again. But it takes time for the flow or current to gain speed.

Ibrahim said:
Yea it hits the sides then the bottom then the side where the powerheads are. The powerheads pick up the flow then shoot it out again. But it takes time for the flow or current to gain speed.

I gottcha.. Sounds like a plan:)
Hey guys, what fish is hardier? This will be the 1st addition.
Occ. Clown orr
Bw clown orr
Bangaii cardinal?

Ya? Maybe ill skip the cardinal. Are royal grammas hardy?

I also thought that both clowns should be added at once?

I've heard a lot about clowns, like that their hermaphrodites and it doesn't matter because one will turn male and be more dominant so it wont really matter. I've also heard they need to be paired for it to work which clashes with the other theory so I'm not sure. I don't think it will matter as long as their equal in size but I could be way off. Grammas are hardy. They are a great beginner fish recommended to a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom