GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stingrays4 said:
Hi ping pong more important than a water change:eek::lol:i'm only kidding!
Very exciting getting close to getting some livestock! Just a quick question i have heard that turbo snails and hermits don't mix? I never had any problems though? Good luck and keep us posted on your progress:)

Lol annual friday night ping pong tourniment!! Haha i want to do the water change today, or at least start to make some ro water ;) i dont no about turbos and hermits..., but hopefully a cuc this weekend or friday!

When we add stuff tomorrow or friday, can we get a 5 hermits and 5 snails, then maybe over the weekend a shrimp/emerald crab?

Gboy66 said:
When we add stuff tomorrow or friday, can we get a 5 hermits and 5 snails, then maybe over the weekend a shrimp/emerald crab?

I think you can add all of those at the same time.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Ya we are kinda cautious because we dont wanna waste money on dead fish if something goes wrong

Oh you mean fish. Inverts and snails take up very little on the bioload. So 5 hermits and 5 snails as well as a crab or 2 isn't much.

Ooh sorry i ment crabs and shrimp lol. Those can still be expensive! Especially for us! Lol. We will do the water change tomarro or friday

Ibrahim said:
Sounds good.

What crabs do you suggest to take care of this hair algae, and the white stuf on this rock? Its not sand..

Attachments

• image-1700264846.jpg
    image-1700264846.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1749245944.jpg
    image-1749245944.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 72
Gboy66 said:
What crabs do you suggest to take care of this hair algae, and the white stuf on this rock? Its not sand..

My emerald crab loves all types of algae, including bubble! I had some hair algae on a frag I bought and the smaller hermits ate it in a day. I think they're called red Scarlets.

needmorecowbell said:
My emerald crab loves all types of algae, including bubble! I had some hair algae on a frag I bought and the smaller hermits ate it in a day. I think they're called red Scarlets.

Yes! Haha my mom HATES that algae. I sort of do..its like a kelp forest lol

stingrays4 said:
Hi getting close to getting the CUC:) Let us know what you get and photo's if possible please i am enjoying this thread:popcorn:

Oh trust me! Youll get TONS of photos!!!
Since tomorrow is an easy day, i am going to fo the water change today and get some cuc if possible.

If we make the ro water at 1:15, and add the salt probably an hour later when the ro is done, how long do we need to mix it for?

Hi i shall look forward to seeing the photo's:dance: I always just waited for the water to clear and hardly any residue on the base of the bucket? Some salt mixes are better than others,but if the water is clear then it should be ok to use(y)
Footnote :- good luck in the ping pong tourney(y)

Cool thanks! We will try and add the water tonight if possible!! I really like the blue legged hermits, are those more expensive then the usual kind??

And yes thanks!! Alot of my friends are talking trash so i will have to take em down ;) my tennis skills transfer pretty well :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Cool thanks! We will try and add the water tonight if possible!! I really like the blue legged hermits, are those more expensive then the usual kind??

And yes thanks!! Alot of my friends are talking trash so i will have to take em down ;) my tennis skills transfer pretty well :)

I love table tennis. I always beat my friends.

Ibrahim said:
I love table tennis. I always beat my friends.

Then never play me;) lol

What do you think we should get today man? RO is almost done making water!

Also, how long should we wait for it to be mixed?

Gboy66 said:
Then never play me;) lol

What do you think we should get today man? RO is almost done making water!

Also, how long should we wait for it to be mixed?

Get 5 hermit crabs, 5 nerite snails, and 1 turbo snail, and an emerald crab. Trust me, they have a low bio-load. The snails and crabs have the algae in your tank to eat.

Ibrahim said:
Get 5 hermit crabs, 5 nerite snails, and 1 turbo snail, and an emerald crab. Trust me, they have a low bio-load. The snails and crabs have the algae in your tank to eat.

Awesome! Will do! Were going to test the levels now..

Edit: how long do you think we should mix ibrahim? Im not sure how i will be able to tell, besides better clarity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom