Gbr acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mlani said:
She's still hanging out on the bottom :-( colors good though, poops normal, eating well and even defending her space when the cories come near her shrimp. Lol! I am clueless as to why she started just sitting at the bottom?

Well rans usually do stay at the bottom! Sounds like she is doing well though!:)

Lol! You're right, I just never saw a fish suddenly change it's swimming behavior over night. She used to swim all over the tank in the 46gal. Maybe the 80gal is too intimidating??

Mlani said:
Lol! You're right, I just never saw a fish suddenly change it's swimming behavior over night. She used to swim all over the tank in the 46gal. Maybe the 80gal is too intimidating??

Maybe! Say, do you have lots of tetras and schooling fish? That makes them feel more comfortable!

I do have two groups of schooling fish in there. 14 cardinal tetras and 6 raspboras. She doesn't seem to even notice them. The only ones she messes with are the cories. I have an albino cory that sleeps by her every night. She's not hiding at all, right out front and center in the tank all the time.

Mlani said:
I do have two groups of schooling fish in there. 14 cardinal tetras and 6 raspboras. She doesn't seem to even notice them. The only ones she messes with are the cories. I have an albino cory that sleeps by her every night. She's not hiding at all, right out front and center in the tank all the time.

Well then it seems to me she has just changed her lifestyle! Lol

I couldn't help myself, I went to the lfs and saw the most beautiful rams ever! So I picked up three more. Hopefully my girl will have another change of lifestyle and become intrigued with these new guys?

Mlani said:
I couldn't help myself, I went to the lfs and saw the most beautiful rams ever! So I picked up three more. Hopefully my girl will have another change of lifestyle and become intrigued with these new guys?

Lol! More!! Hopefully!

I don't know if they can breed? The new ones are different. I'll post a pic. The lights are still off so it won't be a great shot but hopefully you can see a bit. Let me know if you know what kind they are. The lfs had them marked as jumbo rams. Lol!

Attachments

• image-98566992.jpg
    image-98566992.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 56
Today is a very sad and frustrating day for me :-( Over the weekend I have lost 8 tetras 1raspbora and 6 rams. I have no idea what is killing them my water is good their colors were good still eating I could go through the entire check list ... I'm at a complete loss as to wth is happening. I'm sick to my stomach from sitting here watching my beautiful fish drop like flies.

Mlani said:
Today is a very sad and frustrating day for me :-( Over the weekend I have lost 8 tetras 1raspbora and 6 rams. I have no idea what is killing them my water is good their colors were good still eating I could go through the entire check list ... I'm at a complete loss as to wth is happening. I'm sick to my stomach from sitting here watching my beautiful fish drop like flies.

...i am SO sorry!!! Coul it have been somthing the new guys brought in? Did all the new guys die? Any chemicals around the tank. Thats a pretty big die off, somthing had to go wrong. Im betting it was the new fish

Awww noo :( that is a horrible thing :( do you think its because you indroduced some new rams recently? I am sorry to hear this :(

I thought about the new guys, they were one of the lasts to go (hopefully the dying has ended) I still have 4 cories 1 syno cat 6 tetras and 5 raspboras. I netted the last of my rams this morning. It was my girl that this thread was originally made for. She was my first ram "sick" and the last ram to go. I bought some of those jungle fizzers for bacterial infections/parasites and started treatment. Hopefully that does something?

The fizz bombs seem to have worked. *touches wood* no more sick or deaths in the tank. I'm on the last day of treatment, do a pwc tonight and watch for the next week or so. It's a pretty empty looking 80 right now. :-(

That's tough luck, I'm glad everything seems to have turned around. Ftr those "new rams" were electric blue rams. They are just a German blue ram bred to be more blue so they are compatible.

I haven't updated this thread, sorry. I ended up starting a new thread because I lost over half of my fish. Here's the link to it if you'd like to give it a read?
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/lost-over-half-my-fish-plz-help-192474.html
The count on the ones left is 2-raspboras 1-cat 4-cories they've been moved into qt and I've ripped my 80 down and built it back up again. Just waiting to reseed the 80 and for the dying to stop.

Back
Top Bottom