GBR Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrewQ522

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456445691.805311.jpg
I know it's not the best pic, will try to get a better one tonight or tomorrow but I believe those clear specs are eggs because the female is hovering over that spot constantly. I'm setting up a 10g tonight because I was gonna breed shrimp but I can out the eggs in there if needed. So, what do I do to take care of these suckers? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What do you mean? And yeah false alarm, there are no eggs unfortunately.

I was wondering how it panned out as couldn't see much. Shame on the false alarm :(

Ok so today I looked and she definitely laid more eggs. The female just hover in that spot and I can see little eggs or fry. The naja grass is so thick I can't get a clear picture though. She also chases any fish that wanders by off as well. So basically, what do I do to care for these babies?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457488515.318534.jpg
You can see them right on the wood.

not so sure if those are gbr eggs. When gbr lay eggs they dont tend to scatter them around like that. Instead they are typically focused to one particular spawning spot.

If you look on the driftwood they're the clear specs if you look closely. Those nerite snail eggs have been there for quite some time so I know those aren't from the GBR

If you look on the driftwood they're the clear specs if you look closely. Those nerite snail eggs have been there for quite some time so I know those aren't from the GBR

They still seem a bit too scattered about for GBR eggs. I am curious as to what they might be so keep us updated!

Well she ate them I would think because they disappeared a day or two afterwards. And I believe she just laid eggs again because they're back. And the male will not stop guarding and neither will she. This is the third time she's laid eggs lol

Well she ate them I would think because they disappeared a day or two afterwards. And I believe she just laid eggs again because they're back. And the male will not stop guarding and neither will she. This is the third time she's laid eggs lol

Well if they are truly spawning there is not much thats going to stop them from trying!

Well if they are truly spawning there is not much thats going to stop them from trying!

Which is awesome lol. I sell my naja grass back to my LFS about every 3-5 weeks. And every time it gets thick it seems she lays her eggs. I wish some fry would survive it would be awesome

So an update... I have like 20 free swimmers, and tomorrow will be day 3 for them! I can't believe it it's so awesome lol.

Back
Top Bottom