GBR female died, what to do with male?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got 4 new guarami's today

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399152001.397390.jpg 2 blues

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399152029.137338.jpg one of them
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399152072.031473.jpg one of them

So got 2 cherry reds 2 blue ones and 2 dwarf ones 1 red with blue stripes the other red with blue strips as u can sorta see in the photo

4 x 1.5 x 1.5 but it's getting upgraded to 4x2x2 or 4x2.5x2

Cichlid can not be around live plants when and if they eat them it tears up there digestive system. The male will be fine around himself as long as he can have other fish too role with. He would probably do it with the tetras. HAVE A NICE DAY!
Rams are cichlids. They do not bother plants. Even if they did, it is not bad for cichlids to eat plants. It does not "tear up their digestive systems." Not all cichlids tear up plants.

Or the gourami a friend of mine actually did that since there from the same region there fine with eachother
They aren't, at all. Gouramis are Asian fish. Rams are South American cichlids. Their preferred water parameters are quite similar, but they absolutely do not hail from the same part of the world.

Just watch from r aggressive behaviors from the gouramis. Normally best to keep 1m to 2 or 3 females. The males tend to bulky the women around, even more so around feeding times. Having multiple females breaks up the abuse. Mind you if its anything like my gouramis its really.more for show and doesn't seem to bother my females at all.

@SnailorJ If you bought your drift wood from a store what size was it? In general did it say large, medium... Ect. I have a 20g that in setting up and I wasn't sure of what size to get?

Oh wow I'm sorry I never saw this reply. Probably not relevant anymore, but the store I got it at didn't label with sizes, it was all piled into a bin. They pulled down an empty 20 gal for me and let me try putting the pieces I liked in it to see how they looked and to make sure they fit. you could also write down the tank dimensions and bring a tape measure

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah too late I don't even have fish in that tank anymore. Lol

What did you do with your male ram after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He died about a month later :( I never could figure out why. All of my other fish are healthy. I have a powder blue gourami now in that tank. He's great!

Oh never I got rid off all my gourami sold my knifefish and got a gold aspito cac and a female

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom