GBR source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grumble69

Aquarium Advice Regular
A couple of months ago there was a thread on GBRs and someone posted a link to a good source. They used European stock and good breeding practices. And it seemed like this was the only breed they dealt with. It wasn't Wetspot, LiveAquaria, or the other big well known links. Naturally I lost that bookmark and searching for GBRs on these forums & google yields a jillion hits.

...does this ring a bell with anyone?

Yunite is the seller. Thats who im going to be buying from when my tank is ready for them. They also have a website and a youtube page. I Sent them a message about posting newer videos.

I have a 30 gallon and I've wanted to breed GBRs. The tank is planted with sand and drift wood. Is it recommended to only get one pair when breeding or would it be okay to get two pairs when breeding these fish?

Sweet. Finally a place that sells them in pairs. Cheap, too! Any idea if they do faster shipping? Having the little guys in a bag/box for a couple days can't be good...

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm sure they'll over night them, won't be cheap though.. Depending on tank size, I think two mated pairs is ok, you'd have to order the proven breeding pairs..

Stick to one breeding pair in that size tank. It's a tad too small to accommodate two territories without a lot of friction.

Stick to one breeding pair in that size tank. It's a tad too small to accommodate two territories without a lot of friction.

Okay thanks. It's 3ft long tho. And Bolivians only get to 2in. I could always block their view of each other,

Okay thanks. It's 3ft long tho. And Bolivians only get to 2in. I could always block their view of each other,

You can try it... But I've had trouble even in my 75 gallon at times to have two breeding pairs ignore each other even with lots of broken lines of sight. Different dwarf cichlid species pairs seem to tolerate each other better than same species.

His stock is the best I've ever owned. I highly recommend them.

And I have 4 pairs in a 40 breeder. it's heavily planted though and each pair has their own territory. Only time there's any issues is feeding time.

That's what I'll do thanks. I'll just get the one pair. If there is only the pair of GBRs will they fry live?

He shipped them in a bag, packed very well in a box. They were in excellent shape when I received them, acclimated to their tank very well and have been doing great ever since.

Back
Top Bottom