GBR Sunken Belly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vysekal

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had noticed that in my community tank All of my German Blue Rams had sunken belly, 2 of them had passed and i though that it have to be somethink with water parameters, because i never heard of the disease/parasite before, does any one have tips on best cure?? many thanx

How long have you had the fish? Have you done anything to the tank recently? Are they still eating, or had they been eating? Any other abnormal signs or behavior?

I brough 6 of them about a 2 weeks ago they had been doin fine but recently 2 of them became less active with low appetite, they eat but not as much as i would expect and died about 2 days, now another one of them is showing same signs, shes in the corne of the tank not eting much and shes not active at all :[
I havent changed anythin in the tank, the tank is mature for over a year, and all of my other fishes are doin briliant, its just my rams.

It could just be your stock then. I've never had any luck with rams either. My pair lasted about 3 weeks before they both bellied up. If you can find some from a private breeder then you will likely have better results.

not sure about the stock, but they really have sunked stomach as I had looked on some pic on the internet and my rams looks nearly the same as some fishes with this problem :/

anyway thank you meegosh :] am going to my lfs tomorrow to buy api general cure. I guess that they have parasite due to fact that they have white stringe poo, which i heard is sing of parasitic infection and fact that 2 of my rams are already dead proves it even more :/

Back
Top Bottom