gbr's sick, need help !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwagsbsm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So recently as of yesterday my two German blue Rams have gotten white bumps on their heads .. They are both eating fine and the parameters of the tank are ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrates about 30... The temperature has stayed the same but they may have suffered a little stress on the account that I had to net and transfer three other fish and it took a little too long .. I really have no idea what this could be and hope I can do something quick before it's too late :( sorry this was so long I hope someone can shed some light on this

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

More info on the tank please, every little detail you can provide will help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh of course it's a heavily planted 29g tank with 6 corys 2 gbrs 2 neons 2 brichardi and about 4 endlers some assassins and some pest snails .. An aquaclear 70g rated filter a heater and a bubbler

How long have you had them, what temp?

I've had them for about 4 months at least and the temperature is always 80 .. They're still very active fish still big appetites and have their personalities .. The only thing I can think of me doing was leaving the lights on for too long yesterday but they have both had them for a few days

They're very sensitive fish, 30 ppm nitrates is most likely enough to stress them out.. you need to change enough water to keep nitrates around 15ppm..

Yep, and you need to add 4-5 more Neons as well. They're likely also stressed.

Back
Top Bottom