GBTA anchor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moneymike1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys couldn't find a thread about this....if there is one I'm sorry to start another. Just bought a bubble tip anemone and drip acclimated it for 4 hrs. Placed it in the tank and it immediately attached to a rock and looks happy. How long before I know that he will stop roaming around. Crossing my fingers he doesn't start! :) running two AI Vegas on 75 gallon so I think he has more than enough light. Should I leave the lights on through out the night to keep him from moving? Thanks for any help! Happy reefing!

He will move if and when he wants. There's no reliable way to predict it. But to ahead and stay on the day/night cycle to let him get used to it. Good luck!

Thanks man, do you have one? How long did yours take to stop moving?

I've kept two. The first was 100% bleached when I bought it (noob mistake) and barely survived for months. Research indicated that the presence of another member of the same species might facilitate zooanthellae recolonization so I bought a second. It was injured and didn't survive, but the other did start browning up again almost immediately.
Unfortunately it didn't survive moving into my new apartment. Was just too cold outside.
Anyway, both moved constantly for a day or two. The one I had longest would move a few inches every couple of weeks but didn't go far from its favorite spot. In nature they stick their foot down a crevice so they can retreat if threatened. If lighting and flow are good, it will find a place it likes and usually stay there or at least close to it.

Well today I woke up and he was all spread out and the tenticals were really small and I could see a lot of the body. When I turned the light on he bubbled up like he was yesterday. Is this normal?

They do strange things at night. As long ashes acting normal during the day I wouldn't be concerned.

Seems to be ok and is anchored tight where I placed him. I'm hoping I lucked out and he stays! :) if the mouth is barely open is that ok?

So the anemone started to move around and ended up stinging my bubble coral in the night! :( he is now face down in the sand blown up to a very large size and mouth looks closed? Is this normal way for them to move? Thanks for any responses!

image-1827481055.jpg

Today

Attachments

• image-2933882928.jpg
    image-2933882928.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom