GCAS (Greater City Aquarium Society) Meeting May 2nd, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Please note that the meeting will not be held at it's usual location on May 2nd. It will be held instead at the Palace Diner, 60-15 Main St. This is just a few blocks from the Botanical Garden, right off the LIE.

I went. There was a surprisingly good turnout (about 50) considering the last minute change of venue.

The Botanical Gardens decided to demolish the old visitor center before the new one is ready. Great thinking, huh? :roll: While they are at it, perhaps they'll take down Shea before Citifield is completed. :roll:
Anyway, GCAS will NOT be meeting at the Botanical Gardens for the remainder of the year.

The next meeting will be held on the SECOND WEDNESDAY of June (June 13) at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3427 at 136-06 Horace Harding Expressway. This is the eastbound service road of the LIE just east of Main Street.

Be on the lookout for postcards from GCAS. They will inform us of future changes in meeting dates and places. We will be meeting at the VFW post for the rest of the year, but the meetings will not necessarily fall on the first Wed of the month.

Now for the good stuff.

The auction was pretty good. I picked up 8 praecox rainbowfish fry (about 1/2 inch) for $16, a 5.5 gal tank + lid for $8, a big clump of hygro for $2, a Java fern for $5, and a bag of zebra snails for $1. I won a bag of Hikari sinking wafers and a bottle of MelaFix in the raffle.

There were alot of really funky looking guppies (black w yellow tail, purple/blue), some blue acara mated pairs, lots of jewel cichlids, some rare killifish, and mouthbrooders.

Someone brought in about a dozen large crypts. There were some nice dwarf swords too.

Ok, this is the second time that I missed the meeting because I assumed no one was attending. :(

I guess it would be better to mention June's meeting ahead of time so as to get more exposure and possibly more committments. :)

The meeting yesterday at Queens Botanical Garden was fun! I got some fish I had been searching for for over 2 years! Hopefully they'll adept to my 45 gallon freshwater planted...

Back
Top Bottom