Geissman bulb burnt out after two weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobykourtney

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just bought a geissman aquaflora and midday 2 weeks ago and 2 days ago I noticed the midday bulbs was burnt out an had black rings on the ends has anyone experienced problems with these bulbs?

I have Aquaticlife fixtures and my Geisemann bulbs have been fine. I actually would call either the place you got them from or the manufacturer (if you can find it) and tell them. You could actually have gotten a bad bulb especially if the other one is fine and the bulbs you had in before that were fine.

I run a catalina aquarium fixture with two midday and one aquaflora and after 2months of use one of my midday bulbs burnt out just like yours.... I contacted dr.fostersmith and they sent me a free replacement no questions asked

I run a catalina aquarium fixture with two midday and one aquaflora and after 2months of use one of my midday bulbs burnt out just like yours.... I contacted dr.fostersmith and they sent me a free replacement no questions asked

That's who I bought my bulbs from ill call them today I figured they'd ask for the old bulb and that it would be a huge pain but in that case ill give it a shot

That's who I bought my bulbs from ill call them today I figured they'd ask for the old bulb and that it would be a huge pain but in that case ill give it a shot

Yep a phone call was all it took and they're sending another bulbs. I have another question though the other bulbs has a black ring on it but still works is this normal so soon?

image-302967540.jpg

No way dude not at all.... Drs.fostersmith is by far the best customer service I have ever dealt with..... I just bought a aqueon water changer from them that broke so I emailed them and they sent me a new one no questions asked.... I got the replacement and it was cracked in the same spot straight out of the package so I emailed them again so they sent me another one for free no questions asked next day air.... They did ask me to send back the old ones but they sent me return labels so that was free too..... The whole water changer thing happened in a span of two weeks

My Giesemann bulbs came from Fosters and Smith and I haven't had any problems.

My Giesemann bulbs came from Fosters and Smith and I haven't had any problems.

Well hopefully it was the bulbs and not the fixture . I don't no what could be wrong with a fixture to burn out bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom