Geltek Antiparisite/bacterial infection medications...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
SUCK!

NONE of my fish will eat it, and its supposed to be a semi hard glob, but it just kinda dissolves in the water and clouds it slightly. I've turned down the flow, and turned off my powerhead, and even the very gentle current breaks it up. I think i saw a flying fox eat ONE, then try and spit it out, but all that came out was a cloud.

If anyone has any ways i can alternativley use this med, can you tell me? I Don't want to touch it too much, as it says its known to cause cancer in humans. :-S

Ignore the "may cause cancer in humans" stuff. Anything that has been shown to possibly be even slightly mutagenic, which is just about anything, has to be labeled that it can cause cancer in humans, even if it never has or has even been suspected of causing cancer in humans. Actually they usually say that it is known to the state of California to cause cancer, so just avoid California and you will be fine.

IceH20 is spot on with his suggestion. Some people mix it with frozen food or other "treats" to get their fish to eat it. Some of my fish recognize it as food but most ignore it.

On a futile note, the geltek stuff stays together better if refrigerated.

Back
Top Bottom