Genders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

13stingeln

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm pretty upset... I thought I had more females but as my cichlids grow I'm starting to think I have only one female. And she's the one that keeps getting nipped fins. Is this going to be a problem?? Are they to young to be wanting to breed... Is that why my female is getting nipped alittle bit?? I have a total of 7 cichlids...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

6 males vs 1 female yep you'll have issues. Mbuna are usually ready to start breeding around 2-2.5"

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Noooooooo lol don't tell me that....
I hate my life right now...

She will be toast if that ratio is correct.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just to be clear. Is that ratio among mixed species or a single species of fish?

Mixed I have 1 ob peacock 1 zebra obliquen 1yellow lab which I thought was a female but I'm starting to see black on the bottom 1 albino pindani 1 acei 1 electric blue johanni 1 jewel cichlid. There all doing alright as of right now but there still under 3 inches. I though I had more females but as there growing I'm thinking there males. I'm really upset, and of course the female is my favorite !

Back
Top Bottom