general info needed --- Swordtail biotrope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peakaboo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi i have a few questions about a new tank setup. im not new to having an aquarium but am new to having a large tank. we are in the process of setting up a 55gal tank and plan to have swordtails. but i cant find any info on the prefered type of water plants, substrate for the plants, etc. id like to do an entire biotope for them but no luck on the info. any suggestions are greatly appreciated

I don't have an info for you but would love to see pics when it gets going. I love swordtails. They seem very intelligent.

Since sword tails are central American, you might have better luck searching for ideas for a central or south American biotrope to put the swordtails in. <Swordtails being such common community fish that I doubt too many people are thinking about a biotrope for them.>

As for plants, you need to read up on planted tanks. A good place to start is our planted tank forum sticky:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/read-this-first-resources-and-references-83826.html

Back
Top Bottom