General Question About Air Pumps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MC1973

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey so I noticed there are airpumps for different sizes of aquariums. What happens if I get a 10G air pump for a 30 gallon tank?

Also, if I keep it on all day will it take up a ton of energy?

they use very little energy, but if you don't keep it on all day, you'll be buying fish on a regular basis.
more water volume requires a bigger pump to be able to aerate it.

The deeper it has to push the air the more power it needs. You can run a small pump on a large system if air line doesn't run very deep. As with heaters the next size larger is always better IMO.

Not sure if this helps but this is what I do. Again this is just me.

I run 2 Rena 300's on my 75g. I'm running 1 12" air wand and 1 4" round air stone I leave them on all the time. I just go with what the manufacturer says for like the 300 is for up to 75 gallons and that's what I have. To me anyway it's not like a heater where I would go +1 or a filter where I would go +2 or sometimes more depending on your stock and size tank.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/gro...gle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=rena_300_air_pump

Just be sure to use a check valve, if your power goes out you will be glad you had one in(y)

Back
Top Bottom