German Blue Ram Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here are my stats for the tank I am thinking about adding rams to:

29-30g

Temp: 78
pH: 7.8
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitr I te: 0 ppm
Nitr A te: 60 ppm (that was right before an over-due pwc)

I don't have tests for anything else...

In it is a school of danios (12-15, they don't stay still to count!)
and 3 otos.

Sand substrate with small pebbles scattered around, and various plants, including java fern and moss and anarchis and a couple of unknowns.

The filtration is a Penguin 170 and whisper 2-10i with a 15-25% weekly pwc.

do you think they'd be okay?

They would probably be fine. Those water params are similar to my current tank that has my rams. They would appriciate a lower ph, but they'll survive in that.

just make sure you acclimate them slowly but only if they haven't been in transit between tanks too long (or else you run the risk of high ammonia or lack of oxygen in the beg).

ok, I'll start doing bigger pwc's. is there anyway to get the pH down without using chemicals? If not, what are some chemicals you'd recommend? I am also thinking about getting angels for my mom in another tank, but they also prefer more acidic water... any tips would be appreciated!

frenchpea2002 said:
ok, I'll start doing bigger pwc's. is there anyway to get the pH down without using chemicals? If not, what are some chemicals you'd recommend? I am also thinking about getting angels for my mom in another tank, but they also prefer more acidic water... any tips would be appreciated!

Dont worry about the PH being too high just make sure it stays stable..after your big PWC check your PH again to see how much it changes.. Testing your KH would be a good idea but Im assuming your KH is fine considering you have a higher then 7 PH.. Lowering the PH can cause serious PH stability problems wich will cause all of your fish more problems health wise then leaving the PH alone..

Back
Top Bottom