German blue ram questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im thinking about getting some Gbr's maybe 2 for my 29 gal long tank. Someone recommended them to me and idk what they look like so feel free to post some pics of yours here :) along with any stories or positive or negative feedback.

Also is my tank good for GBR'S or should I add something to it?

Attachments

• image-254713054.jpg
    image-254713054.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 59
GBRs are HIGHLY sensitive to water conditions, so your ammonia and nitrITE MUST be 0. Your nitrATE level should be around 10 ppm and the highest it seems. If you really want to get a cichlid centerpiece, look into bolivian rams, apistogramma, dicrossus, laetacara, kribensis, or nannacara :)

Hmm didn't know that. I kinda wanna get more than one tho. Will any of those cichlids be good with like 2 or 3 of them? And will any of them be good in my tank size?

Every genus (and species, being the Kribensis) mentioned earlier will work in your tank, all are peaceful, and all prefer groups. Kribensis breed like rabbits, so I'd probably steer clear of them. But apistogramma cacatuoides prefer to love in harems (1 male per 3-4 females) and are awesome little fish, I love mine! Just know that they do have colorful fins that other fish may nip at, and that they hug the bottom 2 inches of the tank. But google "dwarf cichlids" or the different genus I posted above and that should be a great start for you!

Here is a tread I had about GBR's There are some nice pictures there.

I had them in 25g community tank. They terrorized other fish so I had to give them away. Now they are in 120g community and doing just fine, no more terror. I guess 25g was too small for them, especially for a breading pair.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f70/gbrs-189614.html

Back
Top Bottom