German blue ram sex?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 2 females and I'm hoping this is a male, as i want a pair. I think it's a male, what do you guys think?

*edit* this is the oldest one and the other 2 have really link stomachs.

Attachments

• image-250819778.jpg
    image-250819778.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 66
  • image-2225752191.jpg
    image-2225752191.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 62
I am honestly so excited now. Do you guys know if one of my females pairs up with him, will they terrorize the extra female? It's a 27 gallon tank.

If you have the male with 2 females, i would say your chances are pretty good that you'll get a pair. I would rehome the other female after you establish a pair, though, in that size tank the odd one out will probably be picked on.

If you see them hanging around each other a lot, rubbing on each other, etc., you will know they've probably paired.

I've seen him go full strut and rub against the older female, but they don't hang with each other a whole lot. They do sometimes

I agree, think its a male. You will definitely need to re-home the other female. A pair will most like Bully her to death. As to if they will pair. Who knows! You will be able to tell as bud said with rubbing. They will also stake out a spot in the tank and stay close to each other. Do small water change(20%) at least twice a week with the new water about 2 degrees cooler that tank temp. Feed small amount of frozen food like blood worn twice a day but only what they can eat in under a min. The combination of water changes and increased feeds will help spawning behavior and may help in pairing. If you don't see a pair form is a weeks time. It may not happen.

I agree, think its a male. You will definitely need to re-home the other female. A pair will most like Bully her to death. As to if they will pair. Who knows! You will be able to tell as bud said with rubbing. They will also stake out a spot in the tank and stay close to each other. Do small water change(20%) at least twice a week with the new water about 2 degrees cooler that tank temp. Feed small amount of frozen food like blood worn twice a day but only what they can eat in under a min. The combination of water changes and increased feeds will help spawning behavior and may help in pairing. If you don't see a pair form is a weeks time. It may not happen.

Thanks:). If it helps, one of the females looks really young, maybe like 2 months. And the other is probably 2 and a half to 3 months old.

Back
Top Bottom