German Blue Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhajjj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello..
this is my first post on a fish forum but I feel like this is easier than trying to call the fish store at 9 at night. I literally just went to the aquatic warehouse this afternoon to pick up so fish for my recent upgrade to a 30 gallon. it's been cycling for a month and I put the fish from my 10 gallon in there last week and they've been fine. anyways, I was at the warehouse and found two German blue rams in a community tank and ask the salesman if I could put these types of cichlids in my community tank. he said it was perfectly fine and they are quite peaceful. from what I saw in the store they were peaceful and I believed him. then I brought them home... and all of a sudden one of the rams is acting like an ******* and take nipping and charging my rose line sharks and the other ram. WHAT DO I DO AND WHY IS THIS HAPPENING! I don't want to wake up in the morning to a murder scene haha any tips?

hello..
this is my first post on a fish forum but I feel like this is easier than trying to call the fish store at 9 at night. I literally just went to the aquatic warehouse this afternoon to pick up so fish for my recent upgrade to a 30 gallon. it's been cycling for a month and I put the fish from my 10 gallon in there last week and they've been fine. anyways, I was at the warehouse and found two German blue rams in a community tank and ask the salesman if I could put these types of cichlids in my community tank. he said it was perfectly fine and they are quite peaceful. from what I saw in the store they were peaceful and I believed him. then I brought them home... and all of a sudden one of the rams is acting like an ******* and take nipping and charging my rose line sharks and the other ram. WHAT DO I DO AND WHY IS THIS HAPPENING! I don't want to wake up in the morning to a murder scene haha any tips?

Probably just some territory disputes. Give it a few days. German blue rams arent the type to kill anything (other then while breeding or when there's an extra male/female)

thank you!! you made me feel a lot better.

I'd agree, sounds like a territory/dominance trip. It will subside but it it's getting tremendously out of hand then I'd say return the ram

alrighty. thanks for the info. this is the first time I've ever dealt with cichlids

alrighty. thanks for the info. this is the first time I've ever dealt with cichlids

They are hard not to like :) Anymore trouble then post in the "Dwarf Cichlids!" Thread. We are all about the dwarfs!

I would agree sounds like he's testing out the new tank mates. Keep the lights off for a little and he will settle in and get used to the surroundings

Back
Top Bottom