German blue ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hellacopterz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking at getting a couple not sure if they will bother any thing else in my tank? 2 breeding albino BN plecos 3 corys 2 clown loaches. It'll be in a 55g heavy planted tank

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I also have two probably 4 inch bala sharks in it that will get a new tank they don't bother anything tho

Yea. My fiance wanted guppys they were for fry control work wonders

I hope the clown loaches are getting a new tank as well as they can get as big as the bala sharks. Also clown loaches need groups of at least 5. German blue rams are a bad idea for your tank as they prefer much higher temperatures than your corydoras and plecos.

My corys and plecos been in 82 degrees since I had a ich scare almost a year ago. They all do fine the plecos breed in it n the fry get mad my fry tank is colder. They just sit on the heater.

It's still not ideal though, will very likely cut lifespans of the corydoras in particular and make them more succeptible to disease unless they're sterbais. So my advice is still against it. Why not drop the temperature and get a pair of bolivian rams instead?

Palyatus.. says there fine up to 85. I might drop it down just never wanted to readjust after I cleared the ich and have it come back. They all seemed to adjust to it fine and didn't seem stressed

Bolivian rams are a lot hardier than GBR in my opinion!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom