German Blue Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toillion

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my female GBRs has become pale, not really swimming around, and hasn't been eating much the last two days.
The other two rams and other fish seem fine. I preformed a 30% water change yesterday as I do every weekend. Other info: the
tank is 65 gallons at 80 degrees, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5, Gh 80 ppm, Kh 70, Ph 7.9. Any idea what is going on with her?

Rams juat die sometimes??? How old was he? How old is the tank? Pics?

The tank has been set up for about 7 months and I've had the three rams for a little over 3 months. They were picky eaters when I first got them and where pale for a little while but have been fine ever since

Where did you get the rams and why 3 ?
Usually the fish that there are 2 of [M/F] is short lived with rams IMO...
I don't see successful or recommend trios for any of my customers...
Pairs do best. If you have room you can do multiple pairs but when one dies the other is often short lived in the company of other rams.. They are usually monogamous fish. You could a couple pair in the 65 IMO.

Where did you get the rams and why 3 ?
Usually the fish that there are 2 of [M/F] is short lived with rams IMO...
I don't see successful or recommend trios for any of my customers...
Pairs do best. If you have room you can do multiple pairs but when one dies the other is often short lived in the company of other rams.. They are usually monogamous fish. You could a couple pair in the 65 IMO.

I got them from a LFS and I got 3 because I didn't realize at the time that pairs do best. That has been the only time I've bought any fish without doing previous research and just going off what the guy at the store told me.
The other two rams have paired up but they haven't bullied this one because she keeps to her self. They have all done fine the last few months until now. If this one dies do you think the other pair will be fine?

Yea I think the pair will fair much better if there is not a contagious issue at the root of the ones isolation .
Many store bought rams are from the Asian fish farms and just not the best quality or health often. The one could just be weak stock.. They are a short lived fish often unfortunately with many happy to hit the proclaimed 2 year average..

Buy Coral's his a gorgeous!!!!!!! When my money is better and I have an ro unit I am gonna get a couple pairs from you those electric blues are stunning! Well that and when the weather is better

One of my female GBRs has become pale, not really swimming around, and hasn't been eating much the last two days.
The other two rams and other fish seem fine. I preformed a 30% water change yesterday as I do every weekend. Other info: the
tank is 65 gallons at 80 degrees, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5, Gh 80 ppm, Kh 70, Ph 7.9. Any idea what is going on with her?
I've had nothing but bad luck with rams. I tried keeping them 3 times and they always died. Meanwhile everyone else in my tank was fine. Go figure

Back
Top Bottom