German blue rams...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a breeding pair of GBR (bought from YUNITE) and they have indeed spawned however, the male is acting super protective! He is not letting any fish (even the female) get close to the eggs. Is this normal? Or is he not really chasing her, just courting?? Help!

I have a breeding pair of GBR (bought from YUNITE) and they have indeed spawned however, the male is acting super protective! He is not letting any fish (even the female) get close to the eggs. Is this normal? Or is he not really chasing her, just courting?? Help!

It's normal for the male to be protective over his eggs. You have a few rummy-nose tetra together with your breeding rams, best option is to remove the eggs because I had a very similar situation to you. I have a heavily planted 40gallon with 40~50 cardinal and rummy-nose tetra, they ate all of my fries within 3 days (my GBRs are very good parents too).

Eh, I'm leaving for like a month on Monday, so I'll just leave em... Rummy's haven't been going at eggs at all so yeah

Update! Eggs have now developed eyes (black dots). We'll see if my mom is up to the challenge of raising them! x)

Back
Top Bottom