German Blues and Bolivian Rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nickcmanning

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Are the compatible? I have a Bolivian in my tank currently but I saw the German Blues in the store the other day and they have such incredible color. I was thinking of getting one. :dance:

dont put bolivian and german blues together. and if you were to get a GB, i reccomend two per 40 gallons. what size tank do you have.

yes what size tank do you have? as for the two per 40 gallons i dont follow that by any means i have 2 in my 20G long.

also if you did one of each species given the tank was large enough that would be fine too

thats not for their behavior, thats for tolerance of nitrate, but if you keep up on that it shouldnt be a problem.lol hence why i have 4 in a 55 with some red minors and my Discus. give them lots of hiding places if you were to do one of each, because they would just fight.

With a 20 gallon tank I would not do it at all! It will not end up well. And I myself would use 20 for the smallest tank to put them in so I wouldn't mix species...

Back
Top Bottom