German Electric Blue Dwarf Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skywalker28

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know if Dwarf Cichlids grow scales back? If so is there anything I can put in he water to assist her? My female has some missing on her left side by her gill.

Thank you in advance!

815c6c686992c237f9b1e6e8856732ea.jpg

Her scales will grow back. Until they do, I would recommend frequent partial water changes to help prevent a bacterial or fungal infection from setting in the injured areas.

Do you know how long the scales normally takes to grow back? This picture was taken on 23 Jan. It is only a little better now. I have been doing 1/3 water change of my 54 Liter tank once a week since I have had the tank over a year now. The water only got cloudy once when I changed my filters due to my plants shedding leaves all at once and jamming it all up.

Do you know how long the scales normally takes to grow back? This picture was taken on 23 Jan. It is only a little better now. I have been doing 1/3 water change of my 54 Liter tank once a week since I have had the tank over a year now. The water only got cloudy once when I changed my filters due to my plants shedding leaves all at once and jamming it all up.

Itll take a few months to heal up with good water most likely.

Back
Top Bottom