Albino Blue Dolphin Cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heidigirl99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

Just wondering if my cichlid could have been mislabeled... I was told he was an “Albino Ahli” cichlid by the store, but he doesn’t really look like that species, when you look up Electric blue haps that are albino.

I was thinking he looks much closer to a blue dolphin cichlid. I will post pics.

Any feedback is appreciated. IMG_1417.jpg
☝️albino blue dolphin

IMG_1411.jpg
☝️Jack

This is a sampling of what I found on google for Albino Electric Blue hapsIMG_1418.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1418.jpg
    IMG_1418.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 46
This is one image I found under Albino Ahli cichlid. But it's hard to tell one from another, most of the peacocks and haps are shaped alike, and without color it's hard to tell39c8a04425b89d86215dd1508675fe12.jpg

Lol Makes sense....What are they usually cross bred with?

I don’t know ? that Ahli picture doesn’t resemble him much... especially his eye color. The albino dolphin seems pretty close but he doesn’t really have anything like that head hump they usually get. Either way, the fish care is generally the
same (..right?)

I put some aragonite into his tank and he seems to have perked up [emoji846] I will cross my fingers that ole Jack starts developing an appetite soon.

I read once where they think there are more species of cichlid in lake Malawi, than species of fish in the entire Atlantic Ocean. They really don't know how many are in that lake, cuz new ones pop up all the time from cross breeding

Back
Top Bottom