Getting A New Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueBoy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Everyone,

I am finally in the position where I can get a new Betta fish! The only problem is that I need to keep the tank on the first floor, and I do not have a lot of space. I want to put it in the dining area (logistically best place), but I am concerned about sound (filter) and smell. In everyone's experience, does a five gallon tank smell? I do not remember much smell from my 3 gallon, but it has been a while. It would be hard to walk up and down the stairs (or eat dinner) if me and my roommate are always smelling the tank. Also, I am going to do research, but if there are any filters out there that are silent, I would love to hear about them. I am willing to pay extra for the right equipment to make this work.

Thanks,
Stephanie

Aquaria don't smell if you're doing your maintenance: regular water changes, controlling algae, &c. Odors are usually a sign of decaying plant matter. As for a filter, there are small HOBs that should fit your need: Tetra and Azoo make some for small tanks.

I have just started a 6 gallon tank and I am using a sponge filter, which has to be the least noisy option if you can get a quiet air pump.

Back
Top Bottom