Getting into peacocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rivers2k

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting into peacocks for the first time. I have had tanks for nearly 30 years so I am not new to keeping fish. Are there any suggestions for keeping peacocks that might be different from other fish?

I currently have a single Aluncara Baenshi in a 75 Gallon.

Also in the tank is
1 full grown Opaline Gourami (2 years old)
2 full grown sailfin mollies
5 1" baby mollies (6 months old).
1 large GBR
1 7" common pleco

I am not decided if I want to do all male peacocks or trios of peacocks.

Whats a new fish thread with out pics :)
Not my pictures but they looks closest to what I have.

PS my gourami has been chasing the peacock a bit. He must think he is another gourami. Should I get more peacocks added right away to calm aggression?

Really nobody has any input? Or nobody keeps peacocks?

I am getting into peacocks for the first time. I have had tanks for nearly 30 years so I am not new to keeping fish. Are there any suggestions for keeping peacocks that might be different from other fish?

I currently have a single Aluncara Baenshi in a 75 Gallon.

Also in the tank is
1 full grown Opaline Gourami (2 years old)
2 full grown sailfin mollies
5 1" baby mollies (6 months old).
1 large GBR
1 7" common pleco

I am not decided if I want to do all male peacocks or trios of peacocks.

Whats a new fish thread with out pics :)
Not my pictures but they looks closest to what I have.

http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/Rivers2k/media/sunshinem_zps161f759b.jpg.html

http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/Rivers2k/media/3130____file_03_121_zps1aa79efb.png.html

When your peacock grows it will probably kill the whole tank except the Pleco.. All males will be less hassle because trios will man breeding.. Breeding means territorial fish,. And it's not pleasant to watch one be beaten up .

Thanks for the input. The mollies and gourami will be removed at any sign of aggression I just didn't want him by himself in a 75 (it would look very empty). After doing some research the past two days I am going to do an all male. Things always get messy when you add females ;) Kidding of course. but all male tank seems to be the way to go and I can have more variety.

Thanks for the input. The mollies and gourami will be removed at any sign of aggression I just didn't want him by himself in a 75 (it would look very empty). After doing some research the past two days I am going to do an all male. Things always get messy when you add females ;) Kidding of course. but all male tank seems to be the way to go and I can have more variety.

I know you might not like the look of emptiness but the fish matter to .. :) .. But male tank is better, yeah better variety and most o the time hard to get your hands on the right females , most shops are just labelled female peacocks and are all young black ones that look the same

Back
Top Bottom