Getting ready for a clam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EMS503

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank is a 75 gal. reef with about 120 lbs. of LR and a 4" DSB,
20 gal sump with a 15 gal. refugium running on a reverse cycle.
pH 8.0 - 8.1, Nitrites, Ammonia & Phosphates 0, Calcium 490, Alk. 11.2 DKH. Nitrates below 10 ( test only reads to 10, Aquarium system Fast Test ), Lighting is 2 - 175 watt MH with 2 65 watt PC's. I have Daniel knop's book Giant Clams and I am reading this now. Is there anything else I should be doing before purchasing a Clam. I would like to get either a crocea or maxima. Thanks for the help.

Good luck with your clam. I dont have any experiance with them. But I am going to upgrade my lighting soon and a clam is on my need to have list. Let us know how everything goes

i would like to own a clam. i have the lighting for it. any sites in particular have good prices on maximas? preferably tank raised.

Micheal try exoticfish.com They are pretty good guys and usaully have nice stuff with good prices. Join the club on the site and he will send you emails with discounts on all kinds of stuff.

I will be ordering my clams from WWW.clamsdirect.com
They seem to have some really great prices.
They are adding another clam holding tank so they are not stocking heavily for the next month but check them out. Very fiendly and will E-mail back to your ? usually the same day.

Back
Top Bottom