getting screwed by LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
every time i order a fish from the fish store say a medium huma huma he tells me today its no bigger than a half a dollar coin.i think the are ordering small and charging me for medium.they get there supplies from sunpet out of atlanta.i pick it up tomorrow and this is getting old.i live in the country and there isnt another store for 70 miles.so iam getting chared 26 bucks for a huma huma that is probably 2 inches long.does'nt that sound crazy?

every time i buy a fish from them no matter if i order small or large they are usually the same size but bigger prices.i did shop around and i guess the price is'nt to bad.

whatever the collector sends them is what they have to offer. they really have to demand a certain size in order to get it.

every time i buy a fish from them no matter if i order small or large they are usually the same size but bigger prices.i did shop around and i guess the price is'nt to bad.
Sounds to me like buying the smallest size might save you a little cash in the long run then. Or, you could always just order them yourself... saves the middle man and lets you deal directly with the person selling the fish.

whatever the collector sends them is what they have to offer. they really have to demand a certain size in order to get it.
that's what i'm complaining about.when he looked it up he said they only have medium and gave me the price and what the minimum and maximum size would be.today he tells me on the phone your fish is in but he sure is small,so i figure he would give me the price of a small one.

Have u tryed ordering online?
last year i bought a copperband cost 40.00 and 40.00 to ship and it arrived dead.it wa 14 degrees here and it came from florida.i'll never do that again

26 dollars is actually very very reasonable for a Huma-Huma. Online anywhere you go you will pay $60+ for a huma-huma, and thats including shipping.

It's always a risk when u order online but it does have it's perks I haven't bought a fish from the lfs in almost a year cause the did the same charge out the *** and I'd get small or sick fish.

What site did u use cause when I order my shipping and handling is only 24.

I have had good luck with online ordering.

Try liveaquria.com or saltwaterfish.com those are the 2 that I use and have had really good luck with both and they are good about using ice packs and heat packs when shipping

just picked up my trigger and he is awesome.i also got a lawnmower blenny

I bought my Midas Blenny online for $30, and I saw one at my LFS today for the first time. It was $70.

Back
Top Bottom